If you’re working remotely due to the coronavirus pandemic, you might not be able to do your usual workout routine at the gym, your work’s fitness center, or outdoors in your neighborhood or at the local park. You may also be wondering how you can stay active at home. Good news—there are plenty of ways to fit in some exercise at home! These tips and resources can help.
Tips to help you fit fitness into your work-from-home day
Make the most of your “commute.” Since your commute to work just got a lot shorter, use some of that time to do a workout. Not sure what exercises to do? Check out our Workouts of the Week for tons of ideas!
On a call? Pace the house or walk in place.
Set reminders to get up from your seat and stretch periodically.
Use your lunch break wisely. Set aside half your lunchtime to do some exercise.
Feeling stressed? Physical activity can help relieve stress. Click here to try this simple yoga sequence at your home workspace.
Take a walk outside, if possible. Even if it’s just walking in your backyard or parking lot! Just remember to stay at least 6 feet away from other people.
After work, get active with family! Throw a dance party or even a chore party, where everyone helps out and gets moving.
Want to try a new activity, like dance, yoga, barre, bodyweight exercise, running, and more? Now’s the time! During the pandemic, the following resources are available online for free.
- 305 Fitness live cardio dance, happening daily at 12 PM EST and 6 PM EST
- AARMY live bootcamp workouts, happening daily at posted times
- AKT live cardio dance classes on Facebook, happening at posted times
- Barry’s Bootcamp band workouts and 20-minute bodyweight workouts, posted daily
- Corepower Yoga online yoga and meditation classes
- F45 45-minute HIIT workouts, posted daily
- Les Mills variety of workout classes
- Mobius Fit 45-minute live total body workouts, happening daily at posted times
- NYC Ballet principal dancer Tiler Peck live ballet classes
- Orange Theory 30-minute workouts, no equipment needed, posted daily
- Peloton home workouts for running, strength, and bootcamp classes. Please note: Peloton bike not needed; you get a 30-day trial subscription for free.
- Physique57 live barre workouts, happening Monday through Saturday at posted times
- Planet Fitness 20-minute live workouts, happening daily at 7 PM EST
- Rumble live boxing-inspired cardio workouts, happening daily at posted times
- Row House live rowing classes, happening daily at posted times. Please note: You need a rower to participate.
- STRONG by Zumba total body workout classes
- YMCA variety of workout classes
- Yoga with Adriene online yoga and meditation classes