There are a number of important health observances happening this month. We have compiled a variety of resources so that you have quick, easy access to tips and information to help you get healthier. For some observances, we’re also including helpful information for organizations who want to promote them to their employees!
December Health Observances
Safe Toys and Gifts Month
- From PreventBlindness.org, a safe toy checklist
- From Kidshealth.org, tips for choosing healthy toys including how to choose toys by age group
National Handwashing Awareness Week, December 3 – 9
- From the Centers for Disease Control, resources about the importance of handwashing; it saves lives!
- From the Health Advocate blog, practice proper handwashing to prevent disease
Influenza Vaccination Week, December 4 – 8
- From the American Lung Association, learn about the flu, its causes, and how you can protect yourself
- From the Health Advocate blog, read “Take Steps Now to Avoid the Flu”
Older Driver Safety Awareness Week, December 4 – 8
From the Health Advocate blog, helping older loved ones decide when to hang up the keys
Check out some of our favorite blog posts to help you have happy, healthy holidays