Transform an avocado into a show-stopping dish that tastes even better than it looks. Just cut slits in an avocado half using the hasselback technique, then add tomato, cheese and a flavorful dressing for a healthy Mexican-inspired side.
Makes 4 servings
- 2 firm ripe avocados, halved
- 1 medium plum tomato, halved lengthwise, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons crumbled queso blanco
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Active Time 20 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- Place avocado halves cut-side down on a cutting board. Make crosswise cuts every 1/4 inch along each half, slicing almost to the bottom but not all the way through. Carefully transfer the avocados to a serving platter. Fill each cut with a slice of tomato, skin-side up.
- Combine oil, lime juice, chili powder, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle over the avocados. Top with cheese and cilantro.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.