If you’re looking for a little extra push to help you quit smoking, you may be interested in the app Kwit. This app makes quitting smoking almost like a game as you unlock achievements by abstaining from smoking and progressing through different levels. You’ll also learn tips to help you keep going and get information about why quitting is good for your health. This free app is available for both Android and iOs.
How it works
After downloading the app, you’ll read a brief tutorial that you can swipe through. Next, the app will ask you for your quit date and time, number of cigarettes you smoke, cost per pack of cigarettes and number of cigarettes in the pack. You can either set your quit date in the future, or if you’ve quit previously and would like to track your progress, you can set a date in the past. As you progress in your endeavor to quit, you’ll see how much money you’ve saved, the number of cigarettes you haven’t smoked, and how you’re making improvements to your health, well-being, and time.
Use the achievement tab (image of star in circle at the bottom of the screen) to unlock various achievements and get tips to help you continue to stay motivated as you quit. You can access this information from your dashboard; however, you have to unlock achievements before you’ll see your progress there. As you unlock different achievements, they add up to levels. The ultimate goal is to get up to level 12 to be the ultimate kwitter!
- Makes quitting into a game of sorts.
- You can share your progress on social media for extra accountability and to brag about your accomplishments.
- The app features motivational cards to keep you going as you continue to make progress.
- In the free version, there are often ads that pop up, most frequently as you unlock achievements. Some of the ads have sounds, so be careful if you’re using the free version in places where your phone should be on silent!
- It would be nice if the app was more intuitive.
- Many of the features require a premium subscription.
If you’re looking for a different approach to quitting smoking, you may be interested in this app. It makes quitting almost a game as you strive to meet accomplishments and progress through different levels the longer you abstain from smoking.