Do you feel overwhelmed or stressed from juggling multiple bank accounts, credit cards, bills and investment accounts? Are you looking for a way to streamline your financial information? If so, you may be interested in the Mint app. This free app, available for both iOS and Android, helps you easily organize and track all of your finances in one place. Mint was developed by the makers of TurboTax® and Quicken®, so it comes from credible financial sources.
How it works
After downloading the app, all you need to do is enter your email, your zip code and create a password. You’ll then be prompted to add your financial accounts. In order to add them, you’ll need to be registered for online access for each of the accounts you’d like to manage through Mint. You’ll simply enter your username and password for each account and the app will sync the information.
Once you get your accounts up and running, you’ll be able to see and manage them through the app. The app will help you easily create a budget and set financial goals based on your real-time information. You’ll be able to observe your spending patterns, identify areas you can improve upon, and receive advice to help reduce your costs. The app will also help you understand your credit score. You can even set alerts and reminders to ensure you pay your bills on time!
- The app allows you to get a big-picture view of your finances in a convenient way.
- The goal feature helps to encourage really working on improving your financial situation.
- Reminders to pay your bills are very helpful.
- The tips and advice provide financial insights that everyone can benefit from.
- Mint boasts advanced security features to keep your information safe.
- It can take a few minutes and attempts to load some of your accounts to the app.
- Sometimes the information from your accounts can be slow to load or update.
- If your bank requires security questions to access your account online, you will be unable to view this account through the app.
- There can be some lag time between updates to credit card accounts.
Mint is a great app for anyone looking to get organized with their finances, stay accountable to their financial goals, and learn from observing their money habits. It is informative while still being quick, convenient and useful. You’ll be financially fit in no time with the help of Mint!