This week’s workout is Bicycle Crunches. Bicycle Crunches are a great core and lower body exercise for strengthening your abs while burning fat. Here’s how to do them:
- Start by sitting on the ground, with both feet on the floor in front of you. Place both hands behind your head.
- Next, bring one knee forward by bending the knee and bringing it in towards your chest. At the same time, twist your torso so that the opposite elbow meets the opposing knee.
- Finally, repeat for the other knee, twisting your torso, touching your other elbow to the opposite knee.
- Depending on your current core strength, try doing 15-20 Bicycle Crunches, or as many as you can for 30 seconds.
- These should be controlled motions. To avoid back injury, slowly twist your torso with each repetition.
- Try adding 10 Bicycle Crunches to your set each day this week!
- If you feel any tension or pain in your lower back, stop the exercise and consult with your doctor immediately.
We hope you’ll try Bicycle Crunches over the weekend and then build this exercise into your daily routine Monday through Friday of the coming week.
Want more fitness ideas? If you’re a Health Advocate member with access to the Wellness Coaching program, reach out to your Wellness Coach for more healthy ideas to get—and stay—fit. And remember, talk to your doctor before beginning any new fitness regimen.