This week’s workout move is a bodyweight exercise that helps work your shoulders, quads and abs. Plus, it gets your whole body moving!
How to do it
- Start on all fours. Your arms should be shoulder-width apart and your legs hip-width apart.
- Lift your knees by getting up on your toes. Your shins should be parallel to the ground, with your knees at a 90-degree angle and about an inch off of the ground.
- Next, it’s time to crawl. Move your right hand forward and your left foot forward. Try to stay low to the ground for the greatest benefit.
- Switch sides and move forward by moving your left hand and right foot.
- Repeat the movement while continuing to alternate sides.
- Crawl for your desired distance.
- Keep your knees up. The goal of this move is to bear weight on your hands and toes.
- To maximize the full-body benefits of this exercise, tighten your core, thighs and glutes while crawling.
Always talk to your doctor prior to beginning a new workout routine and only perform exercises appropriate for your health and fitness level.