If you’re looking for a very comprehensive yoga app, you may be interested in Daily Yoga, available for both Andriod and iOS. There are some free features, but if you’re really serious about yoga you may want to subscribe to unlock full access to the app. Nevertheless, whether you’re new to yoga or a yogi who wants to delve deeper into the practice, it is an app worth exploring.
How it works
Upon downloading the app, you’ll be asked to sign up. It is a very simple sign-up process. You will then be asked what your level of yoga is (beginner, intermediate or advanced) and what your goals are. Examples of goals this app can help with are: learning yoga as a newbie, gaining flexibility, reducing stress, and losing weight. Once your level and goals are defined, the app will suggest programs for you to complete.
Additionally, the app features a social component in which you can connect with other yoga enthusiasts, a forum where you can find information about many yoga topics, and yoga music.
- There are many yoga programs to choose from.
- You can choose programs based on your specific goals.
- Poses are thoroughly described and pictures are clear and engaging.
- You can set reminders to help you plan your yoga programs.
- While there is free content to keep you occupied, eventually you may have to subscribe if you really want to benefit from using the app.
- The yoga music is very low in volume, even more so than it should be.
- In order to access much of the app, you will also need to download plugins to access the features of the programs.
- Although the app says it’s good for both men and women, it seems mostly geared toward women.
- The images used are not very diverse, nor do they show a variety of body types.
If you’re very enthusiastic about yoga and don’t mind putting in time and money to really benefit from the app, this may be a good app for you. If you’re looking for a quick, easy way to introduce yourself to yoga, you may want to consider other apps.