Do you get most of your exercise by spending time in the great outdoors? If so, you may be interested in checking out the app Yonder. This free app is available for both Android and iOS. It allows you to connect with other outdoor enthusiasts to find great spots for hiking, walking, kayaking, canoeing, cycling and much more!
How it works
After downloading, you’ll be asked to create a username, enter your email address, set a password and upload a photo (photo isn’t mandatory). For quick account creation, you can also use Facebook to register. Once you’re logged into the website, you have access to an enormous feed of fellow adventure seekers. The app works similar to a social media account for those who like the outdoors. You can see pictures, videos and highlights of other people’s adventures to help you plan your own. Whether you’re away on vacation or in your own neighborhood, there is no shortage of places to explore. Use the GPS feature to see what people have posted near your location or you can search locations to find inspiration for your next outdoor workout.
- Easy to use, straightforward app
- Ability to connect with others to find great places to be active in nature
- Find local spots you may not know about
- You can filter what types of activities you see. There are 25 filters to choose from such as biking, birding, climbing, surfing, yoga, paddle sports and much more!
- If you’re searching a destination that has many outdoor activities, you can find formal listings, websites and information from the places themselves
- It would be nice if there was a more descriptive way to identify where people have posted from, especially places that aren’t necessarily vacation destinations for outdoor enthusiasts.
Depending on where you live and how many Yonder users are in your area, it may be difficult to really utilize the app. It seems like it is best for when you know you’ll be in an area that is known for its outdoor activities so you can find new places and see what others have done in that area. Nonetheless, it is a great app for finding places you can be active outdoors!