There are a number of important health observances happening this month. We have compiled a variety of resources so that you have quick, easy access to tips and information to help you get healthier. For some observances, we’re also including helpful information for organizations who want to promote them to their employees!
A note about COVID-19: You can browse all of our COVID-19 blog posts here. Topics include managing conflict at work, being active in your community, staying safe at work, and more.
June Health Observances
National Safety Month
- Learn about various safety and prevention topics and safety information by industry, hazards and exposures, diseases and injuries, and chemicals from the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- From the Health Advocate blog, read a wide variety of articles featuring important safety tips
For organizations: From HealthFinder.gov, click here to access a toolkit with tips and other resources
Men’s Health Month
- Visit menshealthresourcecenter.com for resources on a wide variety of topics
- From the Health Advocate blog, read “Men and mental health: What you should know”
- From Menshealthmonth.org, obtain printable flyers, posters and PSAs to share with your employees
- From the National Institutes of Health, share the basic facts, research and resources on important men’s health topics
Blood Donor Day (June 14)
- From the American Red Cross, learn about the blood donation process and get answers to frequently asked questions
- From the Health Advocate blog, read about the benefits of being a blood donor
More from the Health Advocate Blog
June 16 is Fresh Veggies Day and June 17 is Eat Your Vegetables Day. Learn why you should eat your vegetables (and your fruits, too!).
June 18 is International Picnic Day. Try bringing one of these healthy dishes to your next picnic.
June 20 is World Productivity Day. Check out these healthier ways to improve your productivity.
June 21 is International Yoga Day. If you’re stressed at work, try this simple yoga sequence.
June 27 is Sunglasses Day. Learn how to protect your peepers from the sun.