Each serving of this pad Thai is bulked-up with extra veggies like matchstick carrots, snap peas and scallions. Look for whole-grain brown rice pad Thai noodles to add an additional 3 grams fiber to each serving.
Makes 4 servings
- 8 ounces pad Thai rice noodles, preferably brown rice noodles
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- ¾ pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups stringless snap peas
- 2 cups matchstick carrots
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- ½ cup pad Thai sauce
- Chopped peanuts, for garnish
- Lime wedges, for garnish
Active time 20 minutes
Total time 20 minutes
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add noodles and cook for 2 minutes less than package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Add snap peas, carrots and scallions and cook, stirring often, until the peas are bright green, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add Thai sauce, the noodles and about half of the reserved cooking liquid; stir with tongs to coat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, adding more of the reserved cooking liquid to moisten if necessary. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes longer. Serve hot, sprinkle with chopped peanuts and lime wedges, if desired.
© Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved. Used with permission.