There are a number of important health observances happening this month. We have compiled a variety of resources so that you have quick, easy access to tips and information to help you get healthier. For some observances, we’re also including helpful information for organizations who want to promote them to their employees!
Information about COVID-19: You can browse all of our COVID-19 blog posts here. Topics include a fall health and safety checklist, ways to keep in touch from a distance, a COVID-19 guideline refresher, and much more.
December Health Observances
Safe Toys and Gifts Month
- From PreventBlindness.org, a safe toy checklist
- From HealthyChildren.org, information on how to buy safe toys
- From Kidshealth.org, tips for choosing healthy toys including how to choose toys by age group
Influenza Vaccination Week, December 6-12
- From the American Lung Association, learn about the flu, its causes, and how you can protect yourself
- From the Health Advocate blog, read “Take Steps Now to Avoid the Flu”
Handwashing Awareness Week, December 6-12
- From the Centers for Disease Control, resources about the importance of handwashing; it saves lives!
- From the World Health Organization, illustrations of proper handwashing
- From the Health Advocate blog, practice proper handwashing to prevent disease
Older Driver Safety Awareness Week, December 7-11
- From the American Occupational Therapy Association, learn how to guide family conversations about older driver safety, learn about equipment that can help empower drivers and families, and how to stay engaged in the community with or without a car
- From the Health Advocate blog, helping older loved ones decide when to hang up the keys
Our latest blog posts to help you have happy, healthy holidays