This week’s workout is a bodyweight exercise that utilizes the gluteus maximus. Fire Hydrants are helpful in working your glutes and strengthening your back. Let’s get started!
How to do it
- Begin with your hands and knees on the floor. Your hands should be directly under your shoulders and knees beneath your hips. You should be looking down at the ground.
- Tighten your core, then lift your right leg at a 45-degree angle away from your body. Your knee should be flexed at a 90-degree angle.
- Slowly lower your leg back down to the starting position.
- Repeat 10 times with the right leg.
- Next, switch legs by completing steps 2 through 4 using the left leg.
- Nailing the right form is necessary to get the most out of this glute-sculpting exercise.
- Try to keep your back straight and avoid shifting your weight. The only movement should be coming from your legs.
Always talk to your doctor prior to beginning a new workout routine and only perform exercises appropriate for your health and fitness level.