Looking to improve your health in 2020? Breaking down your goals into smaller SMART goals can be the difference between aspirations and realizations. SMART goals are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely. Adopting behaviors in this manner helps to create lasting lifestyle changes! Think about the goals you have for your health and the positive results you hope to achieve in 2020. Integrate some of the suggested SMART goals below that can help you reach those results.
1. Every day, write down three things you are grateful for and one thing that you’ll do for someone else.
2. Aim to go to bed at a time that allows you to sleep for 8 hours five days per week.
3. Designate three evenings each week to be screen-free time.
4. Walk for 15 minutes of your lunch break five days each week.
5. Add an extra serving of fruits or vegetables every day.
6. Every morning before work, stand in front of a mirror and give yourself a compliment.
7. Avoid added sugars in foods two days each week.
8. Select 5 days each week to perform at least 30 minutes of exercise.
9. Strive to eat two servings of dark leafy green vegetables such as spinach, broccoli, kale, romaine, etc., three days each week.
10. Make one healthy vegetarian recipe for dinner every week.
11. Aim to get 10,000 steps five days each week.
12. Pack a healthy lunch for work three days each week.
13. Meditate for 10 minutes before work two days a week.
14. Dedicate five minutes every day for a stress-relieving activity such as a brisk walk, quick meditation or deep breathing exercises.
15. Include three days of resistance or strength-building exercises each week.
16. Use a fitness device or app to track your workouts daily.
17. Replace two servings of refined grains with whole grains such as brown rice, quinoa, whole grain bread, oatmeal, etc. three days each week.
18. Drink a glass of water before each meal, three days a week.
19. Choose two days a week to spend one hour doing something you love such as reading, a hobby, journaling, or any other activity you do for personal enjoyment.
20. Dedicate one night each week to spend quality time with your family or a friend (animal or human!).
Create your own SMART goals!
When setting wellness goals, creating specific goals to achieve over a designated period of time is the best method to successfully achieve lasting lifestyle changes.
We wish you a happy and healthy 2020. Make it your best year yet!