If you’re looking for a new way to track your calories in and out, or are just getting started on your journey to better health, you may be interested in Lifesum. This free app, available for both Android and iOS, can help you lose weight, get fit, or simply improve your overall health.
How it works
Upon downloading, you’ll be asked to select a healthy living plan. You can choose from “be healthier,” “lose weight” or “gain weight” (through exercise). You’ll also be asked some basic questions such as your birthday, weight, height, and goals, depending on which plan you choose. From there, the app will create a customized plan that you will do over a specific period of time. You can choose to lengthen the time, but the app won’t let you shorten it. For example, if you chose weight loss as your goal, it will not allow you to lose more than one pound per week.
Once you’re set up, you can start tracking your activity and food. You’ll see your daily recommended calories and watch them change depending on whether you are adding or burning calories. Keep track of your information daily to see how you progress over time.
- You can connect with friends for additional motivation and support
- Easy-to-use app
- This app features bright pictures and fun colors, making it very visually appealing (especially in comparison to other tracking apps)
- You can set push notifications to remind yourself to track your food, exercise and weight
- Features a health test to see how your habits currently stack up and offers recommendations for change
- Many of the app’s features require a subscription. For example, you cannot obtain certain features, such as your health test results or a full nutritional breakdown of the food you track, without the paid version.
- Unlike some food tracking apps, you cannot scan barcodes. You must search for the foods you eat.
If you’re looking for a streamlined way to track your food and exercise, you may be interested in this app. If you’re looking for more feedback or additional features, you may benefit from this app, but you will have to pay for a subscription. The costs are $7.99 for one month, $5.99 per month for 3 months, or $3.99 a month for 12 months.