Are you getting tired of counting steps? Are you more interested in tracking your actual activity? If so, you may be interested in checking out the app Human. This free app, available for both Android and iOS, breaks the activity tracking mold by focusing on number of active minutes rather than counting your steps. It encourages you to be active for at least 30 minutes each day!
How it works
Downloading and installing the app is quick and easy! It will ask permission to access a few features on your device. If you have an Android device it will ask you to input your Google Fit information. You must be using Google Fit in order to track your activity through Human on Android devices. Your profile will be created using information from Google Fit, but you can easily change and update the information. If you use an iOS device, you will create an account and profile.
Once you’ve downloaded the app and are signed in, you’re ready to go. Keep your device on you at all times to track your activity. You can view your stats and timeline as you go about your day. Strive to get your “daily 30” minutes of activity. The app tracks your activity without having to launch the app which is a great feature. You can use the map feature to view your activity as well as compare to people who may be using the app around you. Not only can you connect with friends, you can also connect with other people in your area for even more friendly competition.
- Simple app for people of all activity levels
- This app tracks all of your activity and can help you determine times when you’re most likely to be sedentary so you can add activity. It displays all of your activity or lack of activity in a timeline.
- You can see how active your city is and compare it with cities around the world! Check out the stats for February 2016 here.
- Set reminders every 30, 60 or 90 minutes to get notifications to encourage you to move
- Great graphics and fun motivational messages when you meet your daily 30
- If you have an Android device, you must be using Google Fit in order to track your activity through Human
- Although the creators of the app have taken measures to prevent the app from being a drain on your battery, some users have noticed that the battery life on their device decreases quicker than normal
- There are virtual “clubs” you can join to connect with others, but this feature is not available for Android at this time
- While 30 minutes is a great general goal for everyone to strive for, it would be nice if the goal could be adjusted for those who may want to try for more minutes
If you’re looking for a simple, streamlined activity tracking app, then Human may be the best option for you. You can set it and forget it, and only launch the app when you want to see your progress or learn from your timeline. You’ll get prompts to remind you to get up and move as well as notifications that let you know your progress. Learn when you’re least active to make a change to reduce sedentary behavior.