There are a number of important health observances happening this month. We have compiled a variety of resources so that you have quick, easy access to tips and information to help you get healthier. For some observances, we’re also including helpful information for organizations who want to promote them to their employees!
May Health Observances
Employee Health and Fitness Month
- From the National Association for Health and Fitness, what is Global Employee Health & Fitness Month?
- From the Centers of Disease Control, learn about wellness at work
- From the Health Advocate blog, learn about the new physical activity guidelines
- From HealthFinder.gov, click here to access a toolkit with tips and other resources
- Access searchable research-based tools and resources here
National High Blood Pressure Education Month
- Learn about An Effective Approach to High Blood Pressure Control
- From the Centers of Disease Control, discover 5 surprising facts about high blood pressure
- From the American Heart Association, obtain high blood pressure tools and resources
Better Sleep Month
- Get a wide range of sleep facts and tips from BetterSleep.org
- From the Health Advocate blog, top tips to improve your sleep
Mental Health Month
- From the Health Advocate blog, how your EAP can help if you’re feeling down or depressed
- For organizations: Download a toolkit from Mental Health America
- Get resources for survivors of stroke, for caregivers, and family from Stroke.org
- From the Health Advocate blog, learn the signs of a stroke
More from the Health Advocate Blog
May is Barbecue Month. Our Ultimate Healthy BBQ Guide can help you have a healthy cookout.
May 8 is Third Shift Workers’ Day. Check out our health tips for shift workers.
May 17 is World Baking Day. Whip up something healthy and delicious with our healthy baking substitutions.