Take your planking up a notch with a small addition. This is a great way to tone your abs!
How to do it
- Start by getting yourself into a push-up position. You want your arms extended beneath your shoulders and palms flat on the ground. Your legs should be straight out behind you, feet touching.
- Pull your abs in as if you were trying to bring your belly button into your spine.
- Move your feet with a small jump motion to the right. At the same time you’ll bring your knees toward your right elbow. Your torso should also twist to the right.
- Jump back to the starting position.
- Repeat the jumping motion, this time going to the left side.
- Continuing by alternating both sides until you complete 20 reps.
Tip: Make sure you have a flat surface and good sneakers to wear while performing this exercise.
Want more fitness ideas? If you’re a Health Advocate member with access to the wellness coaching component of our Wellness Program, reach out to your Wellness Coach for more healthy ideas to get—and stay—fit. And remember, talk to your doctor before beginning any new fitness regimen.