This yoga move can be a great way to stretch your abs, back, hips and thighs. It is easy and relaxing. Perform this exercise on a mat or soft padded area. Try it today!
How to do it:
- Start on your hands and knees.
- Sit back to rest your backside on your heels while your knees are spread apart.
- Straighten your back and raise your arms above your head. Stretch your fingers upwards so that your palms are flat.
- Inhale as you stretch upwards.
- Slowly exhale and lower your arms and torso.
- Rest the upper part of your body between your thighs. Your forehead should also be resting on the floor.
- Hold this position for 5 – 10 slow, deep breaths.
- Not only is this a great stretch, it can also be a good way to de-stress.
We hope you’ll try child’s pose and then build this exercise into your daily routine Monday through Friday of the coming week.
Want more fitness ideas? If you’re a Health Advocate member with access to the wellness coaching component of our Wellness Program, reach out to your Wellness Coach to get more healthy ideas to get—and stay—fit. And remember, talk to your doctor before beginning any new fitness regimen.