This week’s workout is Jackknife Crunches. Jackknife Crunches are a great core and lower body exercise that can strengthen your abs while burning fat. The model in the pictures below is doing her crunches on a bench, but any flat surface will do. Here’s how to do them:
- Start by sitting on the ground, with both feet on the floor in front of you.
- Next, place both hands behind your back palms facing down, and raise your feet off the floor.
- Straighten out both legs and tighten your stomach–this helps engage your abs. This is your starting position.
- Next, bring both knees towards your chest, by bending your knees.
- Finally, straighten out both knees, and reassume the starting position. Congratulations, you just completed one Jackknife Crunch!
Try doing 15-20 Jackknife Crunches, or as many as you can, for 30 seconds. For an added challenge, try adding 10 Jackknife Crunches to your set each day!
We hope you’ll try Jackknife Crunches over the weekend and then build them into your daily routine Monday through Friday of the coming week.
Want more fitness ideas? If you’re a Health Advocate member with access to the Wellness Coaching program, reach out to your Wellness Coach for more healthy ideas to get—and stay—fit. And remember, talk to your doctor before beginning any new fitness regimen.