Determining what to cook can sometimes be a challenge, especially if you’re trying to eat healthy. The authors of the popular healthy eating website EatingWell.com created the Healthy Eating in a Hurry app as a solution. This free app, available for both Android and iOS, provides you with a compilation of EatingWell’s quickest, most delicious recipes.
How it Works
This app is very easy to use. After downloading, you simply open the app and begin searching for your next great meal. The app allows you to browse different categories and collections. Categories include: appetizers, breakfast/brunch, lunch, dinner, snacks/drinks, and desserts. You can also browse the following collections: the original collection (which features 200 recipes the app initially launched with), chicken, fish and seafood, Mediterranean, kids, dinners for two, and holidays. You can even narrow your search by using the green tool bar at the base of your screen that allows you to sort recipes by poultry, meat, seafood, and vegetarian.
Once you find a recipe you’d like to try, select it with your finger or stylus. Next, a picture of the recipe will open. In the bottom right-hand corner, hit “read” to open the recipe for viewing. If you don’t want to cook the recipe, but want to save it for later, you have the option to do so. You can access your saved/favorite recipes from the home screen. You also have the option of emailing recipes to family members or friends.
- It is a very simple, easy to use app.
- It includes a diverse collection of recipes to suit different tastes.
- The sorting feature helps you easily choose a recipe from a collection.
- Previously the app had recipes for purchase, but it appears that this latest version is totally free.
- Including the category “dinner for two” is an excellent feature, as it can be tough to find recipes with fewer than 4 servings.
- The text sizes of the recipes appear small on a phone and there is no way to make it appear larger. The recipes are probably more easily read on a tablet.
- A few of the categories/collections could use some additional recipes.
- It would be great if there was a way to create a shopping list from the ingredients of the recipes to make trips to the grocery store easier.
If you’re looking for quick and healthy recipes, you will want to check out this app. It makes searching for recipes easy by helping you narrow down your choices. There are hundreds of recipes available, which make it easy to find one you and your whole family will enjoy.
For Health Advocate Members:
If you’re a Health Advocate member with access to the wellness coaching feature of our Wellness Program, connect with a Wellness Coach for additional healthy eating and nutrition tips.