There are a number of important health observances happening this month. We have compiled a variety of resources so that you have quick, easy access to tips and information to help you get healthier. For some observances, we’re also including helpful information for organizations who want to promote them to their employees!
NEW on the Health Advocate blog
Work out no matter what sort of climate you’re in! If you’re somewhere where it’s too chilly to work outside, check out our ideas for indoor workouts. And if you’re somewhere with a milder climate and you’ve been interested in running outdoors, here are some smart safety tips for you.
March Health Observances
National Nutrition Month
- From the Health Advocate blog, get answers to some popular nutrition questions, learn about healthier ways to flavor your meals, get tips to help you eat fewer added sugars, or check out all our Nutrition articles here
- From the United States Department of Agriculture, read the U.S. Dietary Guidelines for Americans Executive Summary for a concise description of healthy eating. See the full guidelines here
Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month
- From PreventCancer,org, get information on colorectal cancer risk factors, symptoms, and prevention
- From the Health Advocate blog, learn about the importance of colorectal cancer screening
Save Your Vision Month
- From the American Optometric Association, get information about adult vision, children’s vision, UV protection, and more in their Newsroom
- From the Health Advocate blog, learn about Computer Vision Syndrome
National Poison Prevention Week, March 15-21
- From PoisonHelp, get an emergency checklist for what to do if you think someone has been poisoned, and check out helpful prevention tips
- From the Health Advocate blog, get safety tips to reduce the risk of poisoning
More from the Health Advocate blog
- March 10 is Pack Your Lunch Day. Get healthy packed lunch ideas for you and your kids.
- March 13 is World Sleep Day. Check out our top tips to improve your sleep.
- March 14 is Pi Day. Celebrate with a slice of healthy pie.
- March 17 is Saint Patrick’s Day. Check out these healthy green recipes you can make!