It’s finally fall! Before the season gets too busy and the holidays are upon us, take a moment to check out a few tips and resources you can use to keep you and your family eating well, being active, and staying safe throughout the season.
Eat healthy all season long
- Find out what fruits and vegetables are in season during fall—plus, check out a variety of healthy recipes you can make using these ingredients: Fun with fall produce
- Not sure what to make for dinner? Try one of these healthy one-pan meals: One-pan dinners for the fall
- Feeling a little chilly? Make a healthy soup to fill you up and keep you warm. Try some of these recipes: Hearty, healthy soups for fall
- Do you love pumpkin? Then you’ll love these recipes! Healthy recipes from the pumpkin patch
- Looking for a fun family outing? Why not try apple picking? Fall into autumn with apple picking
- Try these ideas to get your whole family moving this fall
- Now that the days are shorter and it’s darker earlier, make sure to be safe if you exercise outdoors: Tips to stay safe during nighttime workouts
- Don’t forget, when it’s cold outside you can always squeeze in some exercise at work or by turning your everyday activities like errands and chores into exercise!
Stay safe and healthy
- Check out this list of simple tips to stay healthy this fall
- Learn how to stay safe while raking leaves
- And don’t forget to get your flu shot! Here are 5 great reasons why you should get one.
Have healthy holidays
- Check out these healthier Halloween-themed meals and snacks as well as some healthy but tasty treats that you can make!
- On the topic of Halloween, be sure you check out these safety tips before trick-or-treating time, and find out how to cope with all that Halloween candy!
- Thanksgiving is just around the corner—here’s how to make your meal healthier, accommodate guests who have special dietary needs, use up your leftovers, stress less, and get the whole family moving and having fun while being active on Turkey Day!
- And if you happen to enjoy Black Friday shopping, be sure to check out these tips to help you stay healthy throughout the day!
For Health Advocate members
If you’re a Health Advocate member with access to the wellness coaching component of our Wellness Program, reach out to your coach for more ways to stay healthy and active throughout the fall and during the holidays.