This week’s workout is Bicycle Crunches. Bicycle Crunches are a great core and lower body exercise that can strengthen your abs while burning fat. Here’s how to do them:
- Start by sitting on the ground, with both feet on the floor in front of you.
- Next, raise your feet off the floor and find your center of balance.
- Straighten out both legs and place both hands behind your head, keeping your elbows in.
- Next, bend one knee and bring it in toward your chest. At the same time, twist your torso so the opposite elbow meets the opposing knee.
- Finally, repeat for the other knee, twisting your torso and touching your other elbow to the opposite knee. Congratulations—you just completed one Bicycle Crunch!
Try doing 15-20 Bicycle Crunches, or as many as you can, for 30 seconds. For an added challenge, try adding 10 Bicycle Crunches to your set each day!
We hope you’ll try Bicycle Crunches over the weekend and then build them into your daily routine Monday through Friday of the coming week.
Want more fitness ideas? If you’re a Health Advocate member with access to the Wellness Coaching program, reach out to your Wellness Coach for more healthy ideas to get—and stay—fit. And remember, talk to your doctor before beginning any new fitness regimen.