There are a number of important health observances happening this month. We have compiled a variety of resources so that you have quick, easy access to tips and information to help you get healthier. For some observances, we’re also including helpful information for organizations who want to promote them to their employees!
Blood Donor Month
- From America’s Blood Centers, read a blood donation FAQ
- From the Health Advocate blog, learn more about donating blood
Cervical Health Awareness Month and Cervical Cancer Screening Month
- From the National Cancer Coalition, get an overview of cervical cancer, learn about the HPV vaccine, and learn more about Cervical Health Awareness Month
- From the Foundation for Women’s Cancer, learn about cervical cancer screening and prevention
- From the American Cancer Society, learn more about cervical cancer by clicking here
- From the Health Advocate blog, “Should you get screened for cervical cancer?”
Glaucoma Awareness Month
- From GetEyeSmart.org, learn about glaucoma
- From the Health Advocate blog, “What can you do to prevent glaucoma?”
Healthy Weight Week begins January 15
- From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, learn more about having a healthy weight and assessing your weight
- From the Health Advocate blog, “Weight loss basics,” “Ways to help kids maintain a healthy weight,” and “Understanding weight loss plateaus”
More from the Health Advocate blog
- Make the most of your health benefits this year with these articles! New year, new deductible and Making the most of your employer-provided benefits
- Struggling with your resolution? These tips can help!
- How to take care of your financial health this year
- Stay safe while walking your dog at night
- Tips to stay safe this winter
- Ways to make self-care a priority
- January is Soup Month! Get hearty, healthy soup recipes here.
- January 21 is Granola Bar Day. Learn how to make your own healthy granola bars!